This gorgeous breakfast is like three recipes all combined into one! It’s a perfect blend of Avocado Toast made with the perfect guacamole and we added a side of fresh mango pico de gallo!
This is the kind of breakfast that’s worthy of inviting your friends! So let’s make it.
Mango Pico de Gallo Recipe
This fresh Mango Pico de Gallo is so easy to make, you are going to make it over and over. The ingredients are a bit flexible but the most important part is mango, jalapeno, red onion, and cilantro. I added a touch of red bell pepper for color. You may want to add a touch of lemon and lime juice too. Chop all your ingredients very small and mix them thoroughly. Allow them to marinade in their juice for 30 minutes or even up to a day or two. Or just use your Mango Pico fresh!
If you don’t know how to pick a fresh jalapeno to know if it will be spicy or mild, here’s how.
Easy Smashed Guacamole Recipe
If we are going to make avocado toast, we might as well smash the guacamole and add a touch of seasoning! For this smashed guac, I just added the basics: lime juice and garlic powder! Since I am already planning on adding the Mango Pico, I can skip the jalapeno and onion. All you need to do is combine the ingredients and be sure to use it fresh!
How to Make a Perfect Fried Egg
Of course, there are a million ways to cook eggs, but these eggs were made with olive oil and cooked on medium/medium high heat! They are totally delicious and so simple!
For each egg you are cooking, you will want to use 1 tablespoon of olive oil. And make sure your pan is completely heated before you crack the egg and gently add it to the pan. When you add the egg to the pan, reduce the heat to medium and cook it for around 2-3 minutes. You will know when it’s done enough to your liking by the color of the egg white and the color of the yolk.
Layering Your Baja Avocado Toast
Now it’s all about layering! Start with a gorgeously toasted whole grain bread and smother it with your smashed guacamole (around 1/4 cup). Top it with a thin layer of Mango Pico de Gallo (around 2 tablespoons) and add your Fried Egg on top! I recommend 1 egg per piece of toast.
To finish it, you can sprinkle it with fresh ground sea salt and fresh ground pepper! But your Baja Avocado Toast with Fried Egg is going to be full of flavor and totally delicious!
I paired my Baja Avocado Toast with Fried Egg with a easy Arugula Salad. I didn’t even make a dressing! I just added a touch of Mango Pico and a drizzle of lemon juice and olive oil. That’s it.
This may be one of my favorite breakfast recipes. Need any more brunch ideas? Look at some of our favorite ones below!Print
Baja Avocado Toast with Fried Egg Recipe
This Baja Avocado Toast is a gorgeous spin on Avocado Toast! It’s a brunch must.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: breakfast
- Whole Grain Bread (large slices)
For the Mango Pico de Gallo:
- 1 fresh mango (Alfonso is best)
- 1 fresh jalapeno
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 2 tablespoons red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice
For the Guacamole:
- 1 Avocado
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
For the Fried Egg:
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Start by making your Mango Pico de Gallo. Finely chop all your mango ingredients: mango, jalapeno, onion, cilantro and bell pepper.
- Toss the ingredients thoroughly then add a touch of lime juice and toss again.
- Allow your Mango Pico de Gallo to marinate in the fridge for a few minutes.
- To make your Easy Guacamole, scoop the avocado into a bowl. Use a fork to smash it until fine. Add your garlic and mix thoroughly. Then add the lime juice and mix again.
- Once your Easy Guacamole is done, you will want to prepare the rest of your dish quickly!
- Toast the bread.
- To make the fried egg, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a pan per egg. Since your Easy Guacamole and Mango Pico de Gallo, will serve at least 2, it’s a good number to start with. So, add 2 tablespoons total to a small pan.
- Turn your pan up to medium high heat. Once your pan is completely hot, crack the eggs into the pan and reduce the heat to medium.
- Cook your eggs for 2-3 minutes or until the eggs whites are cooked and the yolk has the heat you like.
- While your eggs are cooking, spread the Easy Guacamole across your toasted bread (around 1/4 cup per slice) and top with Mango Pico de Gallo (around 2 tablespoons.)
- Last, top with a fried egg and serve immediately.
Keywords: breakfast, brunch, mango recipes, avocado recipes, avocado toast, fried egg recipes, avocado with a fried egg recipe
Let’s Stay Friends!