I am seriously getting in the fall spirit and Halloween Costumes and sweaters just aren’t enough! Pumpkin Pie, Tangerine Cranberry Sauce, and these Chai Tea Chocolate Truffles are all go to’s for me during the fall and winter. And I’m ready to create some seasonal desserts.
This Vegan Pumpkin Pie is so special to me because it’s one of my very first recipes, adapted from when I was a teenager!
My favorite thing about this recipe is that it doesn’t include tofu. I don’t know what my problem is, I love tofu, but just not in desserts. The flavors don’t work for me. There was a moment in time where all Vegan Pumpkin Pie Recipes included tofu. Those we’re dark days.
The first time I made this recipe, when I was a teenager Coconut Milk wasn’t a thing! The only non dairy available was soy milk. In this recipe, it’s totally fine to substitute the coconut milk for almond or soy. As far as the coconut cream, that gives the pie a bit of creamy richness. You can instead replace that will almond or soy too.
I always considered replacing the maple syrup with honey! Some people would say that honey is not vegan and that’s a tough call because bees are insects, not animals, and produce honey outside of their bodies in a way that does not harm them. If you want to experiment, you are welcome to try substituting the maple syrup for honey.
Another thing that’s really important and will make this pie next level delicious is to mix your own Pumpkin Pie spices! It’s really easy and I’m sure you have all the ingredients. It just requires 1/2 tbs. cinnamon, 1/3 tsp. ginger, 1/3 tsp. nutmeg, 1/4 tsp. allspice, and 1/4 tsp. clove. Just blend the spices together and viola you will have something extra fresh and delicious!Print
Best Ever Vegan Pumpkin Pie Recipe
This Best Ever Vegan Pumpkin Pie is a delicious dessert that no one will know is vegan! The best part is that it’s easy to make and there is no tofu needed.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 45 Minutes
- Total Time: 55 Minutes + 4 Hours Cooling Time
- Yield: 12 Servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Vegan
- 1 Pre-made Vegan Pie Shell
- 1 can Pumpkin (15 oz) *Not Pumpkin Pie Filling
- 2/3 cups Coconut Milk
- 1/3 cup Coconut Cream
- 1/3 cup Maple Syrup
- 3 tablespoons Corn Starch
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 drop Vanilla Bean Paste (optional)
- 1/2 tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1/3 teaspoon Ginger
- 1/3 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon Allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon Clove
- Non-dairy Whipped Cream or Ice Cream for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, blend together all of the ingredients until smooth and thoroughly mixed.
- Pour ingredients into pie crust and slide it in the oven. After half of the cooking time, around 20-25 minutes, check the edges of the crust to see if they are golden brown. If they are, wrap the edges in aluminum foil to prevent overcooking.
- Also, check the pie filling just to see how far along it is. Give it a little jiggle – when the top holds together all in the same was and jiggles less, your pie is done (this will take up to 45 minutes).
- Check the pie again at around 40 minutes, gently jiggle the pie again. Once it has firmed up, remove from the oven and allow it to cool for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Garnish with non-dairy ice cream or non-dairy whipped cream of a special touch!
Keywords: Vegan Dessert, Autumn Desserts, Vegan Pumpkin Pie Recipe, Pop Shop America Recipes
The best thing about this Best Ever Vegan Pumpkin Pie Recipe is that no one will know that it is vegan! This is the perfect dish for a group gathering or a holiday dinner. Bon Apetit!
Let’s Stay Friends!