Healthy Candy Corn Cupcakes with Greek Yogurt Frosting
A healthier, protein packed version of a classic vanilla cupcake, styled after classic candy corn.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 12-18 cupcakes 1x
For the cupcakes:
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 c. plain Greek yogurt
- 1 c. water
- red and yellow food coloring
For the Greek Yogurt Frosting:
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 c. plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/4 c. powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with cupcake papers.
- In a large bowl, mix together cake mix, Greek yogurt and water.
- Divide the batter evenly between two bowls.
- Use a few drops of the yellow food coloring to color one bowl of batter yellow.
- Color the other bowl of batter orange by mixing yellow + red (I used 6 drops of yellow and 2 drops of red).
- Divide yellow batter evenly between the twelve muffin cups.
- Top the yellow batter evenly with the orange batter.
- Bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Let cool for 5 minutes in the pan, then remove the cupcakes to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
To make the Greek Yogurt Frosting:
- Add cream cheese and Greek yogurt to your stand mixer. Mix on high for 3-5 minutes, scraping down the sides occasionally, until the frosting is thick.
- Measure powdered sugar into mixer and combine thoroughly.
- Spread frosting on cooled cupcakes. Make frosting thick and high enough to look like the little white top on a piece of candy corn.
You do not have to use Greek yogurt frosting. You can substitute a can of vanilla or cream cheese frosting in place of homemade frosting.
Keywords: candy corn cupcakes, halloween cupcakes, diy cupcakes recipe, recipes