Not-Too-Sweet Cherry Cheesecake Waffles Recipe
Love the taste of cherry cheesecake and craving it for breakfast? These Cherry Cheesecake Waffles have all the decadence of the dessert but aren’t overly sweet, making them perfect for the morning!
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 45 Minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- 1 cups All Purpose Flour
- 8 Graham Crackers (crushed)
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 cup Honey (You can substitute White Sugar)
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 6 tablespoons Butter (melted)
- 1 cup Milk (more or less to create a great waffle batter consistency)
- 8oz Cream Cheese (at room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons Honey or Maple Syrup
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Lemon Zest
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 can Pie Cherries
- Let’s start with the Whipped Cream Cheese! Place your cream cheese, cream, honey or maple, 1 tsp. lemon zest and 1/2 tsp. of vanilla extract in a Kitchen-Aid Mixer, or a bowl with an electric mixer.
- Whip on high speed until fluffy peaks form and the cream stiffen (around 12 minutes). Set aside or place in the fridge until you are ready to use.
- Next, heat your waffle iron and place your saucepan on the stove. Crush the graham crackers into tiny pieces.
- To make the waffle batter: mix together the flour, crushed graham crackers, brown sugar, cinnamon and baking powder in a bowl. Begin to add the wet ingredients.
- Add honey, melted butter, eggs, vanilla extract, and milk to the dry ingredients individually, stirring between each addition.
- The batter will be a bit lumpy. Spray non-stick spray on the surfaces of your waffle iron and add the batter in 1/4 cup portions.
- As you cook the waffles, you can keep finished waffles warm by placing them in a low heat oven.
- Next add the pie cherries on the stove and warm on medium heat. Stir occasionally and add a sprinkle of lemon zest, and cinnamon or sugar, if you wish.
- To serve, plate your waffle then whipped cream cheese and cherries on top. The warm cherries will melt together with the cream cheese. Yum!
Keywords: Waffles, Breakfast, Dessert for Breakfast, Pop Shop America Recipes