Scroll to the bottom for the easy recipe card. Read on for tips and tricks to make the best crispy treats!
Move over Rice Crispies! When you are looking for a marshmallow crispy treat that is fresh and fun, you have to try these Honeycomb Marshmallow Crispy Treats!
They are a simple no bake recipe and put a fun twist on ordinary crispy treats. Honeycomb cereal is light, crunchy and has a touch of honey flavor. So let’s make them!
Ingredients to Make Honeycomb Marshmallow Crispy Treats
8 cups of Honeycomb Cereal
1 10 ounce bag mini marshmallows
¼ cup butter
Optional: 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
13×9 inch baking dish
Large saucepan or stock pot
Heat resistant spatula
Plus, wax paper is a great tool for making crispy treats. It’s how I press them into the pan to even the top layer and reduce the air bubbles inside the treats.
Before you begin, spray your 13×9 inch baking dish with non stick spray. Be sure to be thorough and spray the sides in addition to the bottom.
Start by melting your butter on low. Whatever you do don’t melt the butter on high unless you want to end up with Brown Butter Crispy Treats!
Next, add the marshmallows. Before I begin to stir, I spray my wooden spoon with non-stick spray. It helps so much during clean up!
I love the process of melting marshmallows into a liquid, gooey mixture. All you need to do is just continue to stir and keep the marshmallows in motion until there are no solid pieces of marshmallow left. If you choose to add vanilla extract, add it at the end and blend thoroughly. Extract is made of alcohol, thus, we want to heat it as little as possible.
Once you remove your marshmallows from the heat, it’s a race against time! Be sure to act quickly through every step. You can even work inside the warm sauce pan if it’s large enough. Just be sure to remove the pan from the heat so that you don’t overheat the ingredients.
However, if you can work quickly, working from a bowl like this is ideal because the heating of the cereal that happens if you work from the pan, can cause your cereal to stale faster and become slightly softer.
Working from a cool bowl will keep your marshmallow treats crispy and delicious!
To work from the bowl, measure the cereal first and pour the marshmallows on top. Stir the ingredients just until evenly blended.
The immediately pour the mixture into the greased baking dish.
Now for some fun! Take a sheet of wax paper the size of your baking dish and spray it thoroughly with non stick spray.
Place it on top of the treats and press them down so that the top of the treats becomes smoother and more even.
Although they can be irresistible, these Honeycomb Marshmallow Crispy Treats should cool at least 1 hour before serving. 2 hours is ideal! Then cut them into squares and enjoy. Don’t tell these Neapolitan Rice Crispy Treats, but this Honeycomb Marshmallow Crispy Treat Recipe may be my favorite!
What are your favorite Marshmallow Crispy Treats? Tell us in the comments!Print
Honeycomb Marshmallow Crispy Treats Recipe
Honeycomb cereal makes marshmallow crispy treats that are irresistible! Get the easy no bake recipe here.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings 1x
- Category: desserts
- 8 cups of Honeycomb Cereal
- 1 10 ounce bag mini marshmallows
- ¼ cup butter
- Non-stick spray
- Coat a 13×9 inch baking pan thoroughly with non-stick spray. Set your pan aside.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over low to medium low heat.
- Once butter is completely melted, add in the entire bag of marshmallows and coat your wooden spoon with non-stick spray. Keep at a low-to-medium heat and stir occasionally. The marshmallows will melt down into a beautiful goo.
- Spray large mixing bowl with non-stick spray. Just spray everything, really!
- Add 8 cups of Honeycomb Cereal to the mixing bowl. Once marshmallows are completely melted pour over top of cereal.
- Spray a spatula with non-stick spray and use it to mix the melted marshmallow and butter with the cereal thoroughly, completely, and quickly.
- Pour mixture into sprayed 13×9 inch baking dish to cool and set.
- Coat a piece of wax paper the size of your baking dish with non-stick spray. Press the wax paper down into the treats to even the top layer and reduce the amount of air pockets inside the treats.
- Allow your Honeycomb Marshmallow Crispy Treats to cool for at least 1 hour before cutting and serving.
- Cut with a sharp knife into squares and enjoy!
- For leftovers, store in an air tight container for up to a few days.
Tip: If you are going to stack these for storage, separate the layers with wax paper.
Keywords: marshmallow treats, crispy treats, rice crispy treats, honeycomb cereal, cereal bars, honeycomb marshmallow treats, honeycomb crispy treats
Let’s Stay Friends!