How to Make an Egg Wash
Make and easy Egg Wash for gorgeous golden brown desserts! An Egg Wash is perfect for bread, rolls, pastries, and pies.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 Serving 1x
- Category: Dessert
- 1 Egg
- 1 tablespoon Water (or sub. Cream or Milk)
- Add the water (or cream/milk) to a small bowl and then add your cracked fresh egg.
- Quickly and thoroughly, whip the egg and water together using a fork or whisk until it is completely blended.
- Using a basting brush, immediately apply a think layer of egg wash to any rolls or pastry dough that is ready to bake. Be sure the egg wash is wet – don’t let it dry before adding the pastry to the oven.
- Don’t keep the egg wash. Just throw away any unused portions.
Keywords: Easy Egg Wash, Cooking Basics with Eggs, Browning Magic for Pastries and Breads, Pop Shop America Recipes