Instant Pot Cranberry Apple Cider Risotto
Creamy, sweet and tangy risotto – finished in the Instant Pot in under 15 minutes!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 13 minutes
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 c. dry risotto rice
- 1 1/4 c. apple cider
- 2 c. water
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 c. chopped walnuts
- 1 c. dried cranberries
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella
- 8 oz. crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2–1 c. milk
- 2 links chicken sausage (brat-size)
- balsamic glaze*
- Turn Instant Pot to saute. Add butter and let melt.
- Add risotto rice and stir to coat with butter. Continue stirring and toasting for 1 minute.
- Turn heat off and add apple cider, water, rosemary, cloves, walnuts and cranberries.
- Place lid on pot and turn knob to sealing. Set to manual for 8 minutes. Slice and chop chicken sausage while risotto cooks.
- When timer goes off, let pressure release naturally for 5 minutes, then turn knob to venting to release remaining pressure.
- When pressure button drops, turn lid and take it off. Add goat cheese, mozzarella and 1/2 cup of milk. Stir until melted and combined. Add up to another 1/2 cup of milk if risotto seems dry.
- Plate risotto and drizzle with balsamic glaze* before serving. Top with more dried cranberries if desired.
*See blog post for directions on making balsamic glaze from vinegar if you can’t find glaze at the store.