Matcha Green Tea Pancakes Recipe
If you need an out of the box recipe idea, these Matcha Green Tea Pancakes are a must! They are exotic, healthy, and hey – they even have a kick of caffeine!
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Total Time: 45 Minutes
- Yield: Serves 4 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- 1 cup Flour
- 3 tablespoons Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Matcha
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 pinch Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 2/3 cups Milk (Sub. with Non-Dairy Almond or Coconut Milk, if you like!)
- 1/4 cup Melted Butter
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- In a medium bowl, blend together all dry ingredients with a fork: flour, matcha, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- In a large bowl, blend wet ingredients, including the melted butter, eggs, vanilla and milk.
- Add a small amount of your dry mixture, around 1/2 cup, at a time to the wet mixture. Mix thoroughly and repeat until the batter is completely incorporated.
- Preheat a non-stick pan – medium heat for stove tops or 375 degrees F on an electric griddle. Spray with non-stick spray or brush with butter.
- Add around 1/4 cup of batter and allow to cook until the bottom is golden brown and bubbles are visible across the pancake.
- Flip the pancake and cook for slightly less time than the first side. The second side always cooks faster! Remove from the heat when both sides are a light golden brown.
- Serve with fresh fruit, whipped cream, cream cheese, or yogurt!
Keywords: Matcha Recipe, Green Tea Cooking, Elegant Breakfast Recipe, Pop Shop America Recipes