Mixed Berry Fruit Bars (Gluten Free & Vegan!)
These berry bars are gluten free and vegan! They are a healthy, easy and delicious breakfast and will make you glad that it is morning.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 40 Minutes
- Total Time: 55 Minutes
- Yield: 12 Servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- 1 1/2 cups Oats
- 3/4 cups Oat Flour
- 1/4 cup Almond Flour (or use one full cup of Oat Flour instead)
- 1/3 cup Pure Maple Syrup or Raw Organic Honey
- 1/3 cup Coconut Oil
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Cardamom
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla Salt (or sub. regular salt)
- 4 cups Mixed Berries (I used raspberries and blueberries)
- 1/2 juice of 1 Lemon
- 1 tablespoon Chia Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Cornstarch
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix all but the last 4 ingredients in a bowl with a fork until it is a crumbly texture and will stick together when pressed between your fingers.
- Take about 2/3 of the mixture and press it down into an 8×8 glass baking dish. Reserve 1/3 for the crumble topping.
- Combine 2 1/2 cups of the mixed berries with lemon juice, chia seeds and cornstarch.
- Using a fork, mash the berries up until they resemble a chunky jam. Spread on top of the oat crust.
- Place the remaining berries on top of the chunky berry jam mixture, spreading them out evenly.
- Crumble the remaining oat mixture evenly overtop the berries and press down gently.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until the berry mixture is bubbling slightly around the edges of the pan.
- Allow to cool and slice into squares.
- Serve with yogurt.
Keywords: Yummy Breakfast Prep Recipe, Berry Crumble Squares, Gluten Free Vegan Fruit Snack, Pop Shop America Recipes