This recipe may look complicated because it’s so gorgeous and has a fancy name. But you will be pleasantly surprised to learn that this is just about the easiest way to make breakfast in the whole world!
First of all, overnight oats are dish you can meal prep – meaning you can make them ahead of time, up to 3 days in advance. Second of all, this recipe is quick, fast, simple, and healthy!
So let’s make it!
About those Peaches
First of all, you need peaches. Fresh peaches have a short season but are just so magical when they are fresh and ripe! If you aren’t making this in May, June, or July, try frozen peaches. Frozen peaches have a great flavor and don’t have a lot of sugar added. Just be sure to defrost some the day before you want to eat your overnight oats. For an added pop, soak them in vanilla extract before adding them to this recipe!
What kind of oats do you use for Overnight Oats?
Most overnight oats recipes use regular rolled oats. And you can also use steel cut oats too! Rolled oats will be soft whereas steel cut will be thick with a chewy and hearty texture.
The trick is that these different oats will require a different amount of liquid – almond milk, milk, or whatever you choose to soak the oats in overnight. If you are making rolled oats, the ratio is 1:1. If you are using steel cut the ratio is 2 parts milk to 1 part oats.
When and How to Add Granola, Yogurt, Fruit, and More
The only additional ingredient we’ll add to our milk and oats to soak overnight is a touch of vanilla. You will want to use both vanilla extract and a touch of vanilla bean paste. This will give your vanilla a rich and varied flavor. We add them the night before to truly allow them to soak into the oats and milk.
Any of your additional ingredients will be added when you serve the overnight oats. In this recipe we added Vanilla Bean Granola that has raisins and nuts. And I added yogurt too!Print
Peaches and Cream Overnight Oats Recipe
This Peaches and Cream Overnight Oats Recipe is an easy way to meal prep your breakfast!
- Prep Time: 5 hours
- Total Time: 5 hours
- Yield: 1 serving 1x
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla bean paste (1/8 –1/12 of a vanilla bean pod, scraped)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup Vanilla Bean Granola
- 1/2 cup Vanilla Yogurt
- 1/2 Fresh Peach, sliced (as an alternative: defrost frozen peaches overnight, separately, in a small amount of vanilla extract)
- Place your rolled oats, coconut milk, vanilla bean paste, vanilla extract, and honey in a mason jar and allow it to soak overnight or 5+ hours.
- When you are ready to serve it, spoon into a bowl and layer granola, yogurt, and oats into layers. Top with fresh sliced peaches. For fun, drizzle just a touch of honey over the top!
- Serve cold.
- Your overnight oats, before you add your toppings, will keep up to 3 days in the fridge.
Substitute steel cut oats for rolled oats by adding 1/2 cup steel cut oats and 1 cup of coconut milk together. Soak and prepare the same way!
Keywords: oats, oatmeal, overnight oats, peaches and cream overnight oats, breakfast,
Are you ready to make these overnight oats? Are you going to use rolled oats or steel cut? Tell us in the comments!
Let’s Stay Friends!