- Preheat your oven to 350°F and grease and flour 2 springform pans.
- Add the eggs to a Kitchen-Aid Mixer and whip until foamy. (1-2 minutes)
- Add the sugar and continue to beat on high until fluffy. (around 3 minutes)
- Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, and rosemary simple syrup and reduce the mixer to medium. Just mix until incorporated.
- Add the olive oil and mix until blended.
- Add the baking powder and salt – but not the sea salt! And again, mix until blended.
- Now add the flour in small amounts continuing to blend.
- Last add the milk in small amounts at a time until all the ingredients are blended.
- Transfer your cake batter to the springform pans. Sprinkle with a bit of sugar and sea salt.
- Bake the cake for approximately 45 minutes or until golden brown. Rotate the cakes in the oven at about the 30 minute mark.
- To know when it’s done, test the cake with a toothpick inserted in the center. When it comes out with just a few crumbs, it’s ready!
- Allow the Rosemary Olive Oil Cake to cool completely before frosting.
To Make the Rosemary Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Add the cream cheese and sugar to a Kitchen-Aid Mixer and beat until fluffy.
- Slowly add the whipping cream beating as you go. Continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
- Add the rosemary simple syrup and vanilla extract and continue to beat until blended.
Once the Rosemary Olive Oil Cake is cooled, top it with the Rosemary Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting and garnish with figs, blueberries, or fresh rosemary.