Toasted Orange Zest, Pecan, & Carob Chip Cookies Recipe
These Orange Zest, Pecan, and Carob Chip Cookies are a heavenly spin on a normal Carob Chip Cookie. Don’t forget about the greatness of the Carob Chip!
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
- Yield: 12 Cookies 1x
- Category: Dessert
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter (softened to room temp.)
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Orange Exxtract
- 1 1/2 cup + 1/8 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Corn Starch
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Pecans (chopped)
- 3/4 cup Carob Chips
- Orange Zest (to taste)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Using an electric mixer, beat together butter and both sugars until evenly blended.
- Add egg, vanilla, and orange extract to butter mixture, blend until smooth.
- Add cornstarch, salt, baking powder, and baking soda and blend lightly until evenly mixed.
- Next, add your flour in small portions, and blend until even. Do not overmix!
- Gently stir in carob chips and pecans.
- Using a scoop, drop heaping spoonfuls onto your cookie sheet. Sprinkle with orange zest.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 9-11 minutes, or until edges are golden brown.
- Allow to cool before serving. Bon Appetit!
Keywords: Carob Cooking, Carob Chip Cookies, Delicious Cookie Recipe, Pop Shop America Recipes