For the love of cookies! This is my new favorite recipe that you have to make now. It combines two of my favorite things Chocolate Chip Cookies and Vanilla Popsicles into the same dessert. I love Cookies & Cream so much and here’s proof.
Not only are these Chocolate Chip Cookies & Cream Popsicles fun to make but they are crazy delicious to eat. They are adult approved and kid approved too. It’s perfect for anyone that loves a good ice cream sandwich. So let’s get started making them! Scroll to the bottom for a quick printable version of this Chocolate Chip Cookies & Cream Popsicles Recipe.
First we start with a classic Chocolate Chip Cookie. My biggest tip when making chocolate chip cookies is to use a good quality chocolate. I prefer Ghiradelli chips because you can find them anywhere. But if you can get your hands on Valrhona or Callebaut those would make delicious cookies too.
The other thing that’s important to know about Chocolate Chip Cookies – or any cookie really – is to not overmix the dough. Don’t do it! With any cookie, you only need to mix the dough until the ingredients are blended. If you mix more than that, your cookies will stay fluffy and tall. The cookies will not sink and spread during baking. They will also be dry.
For this recipe, I added a bit of the base to the popsicle mold and froze it, before adding the cookies. This will make your finished popsicles super cute and instead of the cookie being at the very top of the finished pop, it will be the cookie closer to the center of your popsicle.
You could also make this same recipe with other cookies too, like this White Chocolate & Rosewater Cookie that you can find the recipe for here.
I also found these super cute popsicle molds that will make your pops super fun!
A couple of other recommendations about this recipe are one, be sure to use full fat milk. If you are going for a bit of decadent try adding a bit of cream or half and half. That will make your Chocolate Chip Cookies & Cream Popsicles really decadent and ice cream like!
When I can, I always use Homemade Vanilla Extract or replace the extract with Vanilla Bean Paste. Vanilla Bean Paste is a little more expensive but it’s oh so flavorful and delicious.
Chocolate Chip Cookies & Cream Popsicle Recipe
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter softened to room temp.
- 1/4 cup + 1/8 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup + 1/8 cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 cup + 1/8 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips I prefer Ghiradelli
- 2 cups Milk for Vanilla Popsicle
- 2 tablespoons Sugar for Vanilla Popsicle
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract or Vanilla Bean Paste (for Vanilla Popsicle
- We start with the Chocolate Chip Cookies. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine your softened butter, sugar and brown sugar and blend until smooth.
- Add your egg and vanilla extract and blend again until smooth.
- Add your salt and baking soda directly into your we ingredients and blend again. Be careful not to overblend.
- Add you flour and blend only until smooth. Then add your chocolate chips and quickly toss the dough again. Be especially careful not to overblend or your cookies will be dry, fluffy, and tall.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for about 10 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Allow your cookies to cool completely.
- While your cookies are cooling, begin your Vanilla Popsicle Base.
- Combine milk, sugar, and vanilla (either vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste) and add a small amount to your popsicle molds.
- Place the partially filled molds in the freezer.
- Once your cookies are completely cooled, take your molds out of the freezer.
- Crush, or slightly break your chocolate chip cookies apart to fit the cookies in the molds.
- Depending on the size of the mold, add 1/2 - 1 1/2 cookies per mold. We added 1 cookie per mold.
- Place in the freezer until frozen - approximately 4 hours.
- Serve cold!
These Chocolate Chip Cookies & Cream Popsicles make an awesome summer treat! They are perfect for poolside and kids will love them. So how are you going to serve your Popsicles? Tell us in the comments!
Let’s Stay Friends!
Insta | Pinterest | Enews | TikTok
2 thoughts on “Milk and Cookies Popsicles Recipe”
I tried this recipe and it turned out really good. What else can I add to the recipe? Thanks for the recipe.
Have you tried any different cookies? Perhaps:
Spicy Gingersnap Cookies and a touch of honey or walnuts in the cream base
White Chocolate Rosewater Cookies with a touch of rosewater in the cream base