This blog may contain affiliate links.
We are now all very aware the season has changed and Autumn is finally here, mainly thanks to the huge piles of golden leaves dotted around everywhere. Autumn actually happens to be my favourite season and I can’t help but keep thinking of ways to bring those beautiful leaves inside, and that’s how this autumn garland was born!
It involved a lot of fun between the leaves-and-pinecones-picking walks, the rose gold spray painting as well as the simple act of putting them all together into an Autumn garland. But this project is so easy and fun, I guess it also makes for an appropriate seasonal children DIY activity, if you plan on involving them!
I love the result and the nice autumnal touch it brings to my workspace area, but it would surely look amazing in any room really, also hung around a standing mirror or behind the bed!
Easy Autumn Garland DIY Tutorial
1. Select 6-7 leaves that are similar in size and shape. Spray paint them rose gold or copper on both sides, making sure to protect your surface with an old newspaper during this process.
2. The paint will dry quite quickly, although I’d recommend waiting for the suggested time or at least 30 minutes before proceeding.
3. Select your leaves and pine cones and arrange them on the table in the order you’d like them to be in your garland, alternating one pinecone with one leaf.
4. Calculate the length of the space where you want to hang your garland, and add an extra 10 inches, then cut your twine the length you’ve obtained.
5. Simply start by creating one loose knot in the twine, and place the first leaf inside the knot before tying it firmly. Then create more knots for the rest of the pine cones and leaves. Leave the same spacing between each leaf and pinecone.
6. Hang your garland wherever you like! Use it to decorate your Autumn-themed party or add an extra cosy touch to any room or workspace! Enjoy!
Need more Autumn Inspiration in your life? Try these DIY Autumn Inspired Gift Boxes! It comes with 2 different templates that you can download for free to wrap small gifts.
Let’s Stay Friends!