With Fall being officially here and Halloween around the corner, you might be starting putting together ideas for some fall-themed or Halloween parties – so today I want to share a couple of super easy ideas for some Autumn DIY gift packages you can make at home with autumn-themed patterned paper to style your mini-events in a fun way!
These gift packages are made with free printable templates that you can download here in this post!
You can either use the pillow boxes for birthday parties this Autumn, to pack your gifts or “thanks for coming” little presents, or just pop some spooky candies in the crackers for your guests on Halloween! So yes, hopefully this post will leave you with a couple of creative ideas..!
A little note: for the paper used in these tutorials, you can either print your favourite fall designs on an A4 cardstock or thick paper (a minimum of 120g/m²) or buy a kit like this fall set from Amazon or a local craft supplier!
Pillow Box Autumn DIY Gift Packages
Free Print + Fold Pillow Box Template (click to download!)
Fall-themed thick paper/cardstock
1. Firstly you want to print the Pillow Box Template on an A4 standard printing paper. Then cut along the solid borders of the template until you’ll get rid of all the extra paper.
2. Place the template on the back of your autumnal cardstock and use it as a stencil, to line and transfer with the pencil the shape on your cardstock. Then move the template to the side, and cut the cardstock following the line you’ve just created.
3. Take the cardstock and the template and overlap them so that they match perfectly, then use a couple of pieces of washi tape to fix the stencil in place.
4. Now start folding the cardstock along the dotted lines, using a ruler to help you with straight lines and a glass for the curves.
5. Carefully remove the washi tape and move the template to the side – keep it if you plan on doing more pillow boxes!
6. Glue the extra little flap against the opposite side so that you’re revealing the pattern on the outside of the box. Make sure the glue is completely dry before you move on and that every side of the strip has adhered well.
7. Now fold the curved sides, place your gifts in, add a ribbon and enjoy!
Cracker Box Autumn DIY Gift Packages
Free Print + Fold Cracker Gift Box Template (click to download!)
Fall-themed thick paper/cardstock
1. Print the Cracker Box Template on an A4 standard printing paper. Cut along the solid borders of the template to get rid of all the extra paper.
2. Place the template on the back of your fall-themed cardstock and trace the shape of the stencil with a pencil. Now move the stencil to the side and cut along the lines you’ve just created with your scissors.
3. Overlap the template to the cardstock and fix it into place with some washi tape.
4. Use a craft knife to cut out the small rhombus and triangle shapes in the middle – when doing this make sure you protect your work surface with an old magazine or a cutting mat.
5. Next fold along all the vertical and horizontal dotted lines helping yourself with a ruler.
6. Carefully remove the washi tape and move the template to the side. Glue the bottom flap on the outside and make it adhere to the opposite side, creating a triangle shape. Press with your fingers along all the glued section until dry.
7. Now cut out the overlap triangle sections, press the sides gently inward, pop your candies or gifts in, and tie with a cute ribbon or twine both the sides!
Get More Lifestyle Yumminess from Giada