Looking for a health conscious winter warmer? You must make this Easy Homemade Chick Pea Vegetarian Chili. It’s deliciously flavorful with absolutely no meat and no dairy.
It’s easy to make and making a batch will feed an army! It provides so many servings that it’s the perfect meal to share with friends. And it’s perfect for cold days when you are stuck indoors.
All you need are a few simple ingredients and a few simple spices. Scroll down to the bottom for a printable recipe card and keep reading for healthy tips on making your Homemade Chick Pea Vegetarian Chili.
You can add more zucchini or less chili powder. You can add more onion if you like or less garlic. These choices are yours based on your preferences.
But you can serve it a million different ways. It makes a great frito pie. You can add fresh onion, fresh jalapeno on top. You can add cheese and sour cream or vegan alternatives if you prefer. You can add regular mustard or french whole grain too!
A love serving the Chick Pea Vegetarian Chili Recipe with a variety of these add ons! That way everyone can make their chili just a bit different.
Homemade Chick Pea Vegetarian Chili Recipe
This delicious Chick Pea Homemade Vegetarian Chili Recipe will keep you feeling hearty and full when it’s cold outside.
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Cook Time: 2 Hours
- Total Time: 2 Hours 30 Minutes
- Yield: 12 Servings 1x
- Category: Vegetarian
- 1 bag dried Chick Peas
- 6 cups Water
- 1 can Garlic Diced Tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1 tablespoon Cumin
- 1 tablespoon Bravado Spice Jalapeno & Garlic Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Paprika
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 Yellow Squash
- 1 White Onion
- 1 Jalapeno
- Fresh Ground Salt, to taste
- Fresh Ground Pepper, to taste
- 3 cloves Garlic
- Soak your chick peas the night before under 6-8 cups of water.
- Drain and rinse your chick peas anytime after 8 hours.
- Bring 6 cups of water and your chick peas to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook with a cover for 1 hour, or until the chick peas are soft.
- Uncover your chick peas and leaving the water in, add your tomato sauce and diced tomatoes and stir until well blended.
- Continue to cook on low and add your chili powder, cumin, Bravado Spice Jalapeno & Garlic Seasoning, and paprika.
- In a saute pan, add your butter and bring up to a medium heat.
- Dice half of your onion and mince or slice 3 garlic cloves and allow to sweat in the butter.
- Add sliced zucchini and yellow squash and saute until browned, stirring regularly.
- Once browned, immediately add your veggies to the chick peas & seasoning, stir well.
- Continue to cook for around 20 minutes until flavors begin to blend.
- Using an electric mixer, or hand mixer, blend a small amount of the beans, thickening the chili.
- Serve hot with: fritos, cornbread, fresh onion, fresh jalapeno, mustard, and more!
- Keeps for around 5 days.
Keywords: Easy Homemade Chili, Chick Pea Chili, Vegan Chili Recipe, Pop Shop America Recipes
Got Recipes on the Brain?