What to do with those brown bananas? How many times have you thought that! I was lucky that I learned this recipe when I was a little kid from my Mom. I’ve been enjoying exactly the right dish for too ripe bananas my whole life!
This Mom’s Homemade Banana Bread Recipe is so easy to make and remarkably delicious. I’m so intimately connected with this recipe that in my early twenties, I spent several years trying to change this recipe – add a little honey, replace the cinnamon with pumpkin pie spice, I tried everything. The funny thing was, every time I changed the recipe, I only made it worse. I never made it better. 🙁
Make sure you turn your Mom’s Homemade Banana Bread 180° half way through the cooking time so that both sides get the right amount of heat. This will help your Mom’s Homemade Banana Bread fluff perfectly and evenly in the center.
Mom’s Homemade Banana Bread Recipe
This Mom’s Homemade Banana Bread is totally easy and oh, so delicious! It’s the perfect recipe for bananas that are overripe.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 1 Hour
- Total Time: 1 Hour 15 Minutes
- Yield: 12 Servings 1x
- Category: Bread
- 1 cup White Sugar
- 1/2 cup Softened Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 3 crushed Bananas
- 1/2 cup Chopped Pecans
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F, and grease a large loaf pan or 2 small loaf pans.
- In a bowl, combine your sugar, softened butter, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- In a sifter, combine your flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and cloves.
- Sift your dry ingredients and blend thoroughly with your moist ingredients.
- Peel your bananas and smoosh thoroughly with a fork.
- Blend thoroughly in your batter mixture.
- Add your batter your loaf pan and sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Bake for 50-70 minutes until golden brown and completely dry on the inside.
Keywords: Moms Banana Bread Recipe, Classic Banana Bread, Perfectly Simple Banana Bread Recipe, Pop Shop America Recipes
So what should we pair with this Mom’s Homemade Banana Bread? I love it plain and simple – warm with butter. You could also add fresh bananas and honey to make it breakfast perfect! I’ve also seen it paired with a light whipped cream cheese frosting (just add whipped cream to the cream cheese frosting to lighten it up.)
And viola! It’s perfect anytime and any season and is the best use of overripe bananas.
Let’s Get Cooking!