Nothing says winter like delicious and tart cranberry sauce! Cranberries are so good for you and always in season in the fall and winter. They pair so well with turkey during Thanksgiving and a leftover turkey sandwich after Thanksgiving.
I love it as a warm side dish with a Christmas cut of lamb.
And my absolute favorite way to serve this Homemade Tangerine Cranberry Sauce is on top of whole grain waffles in the morning. It’s refreshing, wholesome and doesn’t taste nearly as sweet as other fruit topped waffles.
I created this recipe when I just happened to have tangerine juice at home. I usually make this with orange juice but thought the tangerine would give it an elevated twist! It turns out that it truly does.
The pinch of tangerine peel also gives it just a spark of flavor that is oh so perfect.
Both together give it a complex full flavor twist on a traditional cranberry sauce.
This recipe also uses less sugar than other cranberry recipes. I personally love the fresh berry flavor and hate to cover that up. But if this recipe isn’t sweet enough for you, just add a bit more sugar. Other recipes often use 1 cup instead of the 3/4 cup that we use here.
So here’s how to Make Your Homemade Tangerine Cranberry Sauce Recipe.
Tangerine Cranberry Sauce Recipe
This elevated cranberry sauce is easy to make and has a hint of tangerine goodness. Serve it hot or cold!
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 50 Minutes
- Total Time: 55 Minutes
- Yield: 8 Servings 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Vegan
- 1 bag Fresh Cranberries
- 1 1/4 cup Tangerine Juice
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 pinch Tangerine Zest
- Rinse under cool water and clean cranberries thoroughly. Throw away any bad cranberries.
- In a large saucepan, combine the cranberries, tangerine juice, sugar, and zest.
- Cook on medium heat, stirring every few minutes.
- Continue to cook for approximately 40 minutes past the cranberries popping until the texture of the sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat and serve as a holiday side dish, in a turkey sandwich or add to waffles in the morning! Serve it hot or cold.
- Store in the refrigerator for approximately 1 week.
Keywords: Tangerine Cranberry Sauce, Holiday Cranberry Sauce, Simple Homemade Cranberry Side Dish, Pop Shop America Recipes
And just for fun, here are some great dishes to pair with your Homemade Tangerine Cranberry Sauce Recipe.
- Topping for Sugar Cookies
- Pair with Crackers and Soft Cheese
- Thanksgiving Turkey
- Christmas Lamb
- Thanksgiving Leftover Turkey Sandwich
- Topping for Whole Grain Waffles
- Jam for Zucchini Bread
- A Dip for Gingerbread Cookies
- Cranberry Mayonnaise on a Turkey Burger
- Mix with Gin & Selter for a Holiday Cocktail