Here’s another recipe that comes from Hurricane Harvey. Although we were quite lucky, and haven’t experienced nearly what Puerto Ricans, Floridians, and lots of our Houston neighbors have endured, the weeks during and after were very stressful!
Who knew stress cooking was a thing?! I could not stop cooking. I made some classic no-fridge-needed recipes like Cold Brew Coffee, Veggie Kabobs, and Red Velvet Rice Crispy Treats. Some of my favorite recipes were ones relied on pantry ingredients like milk, eggs, and flour. These ingredients are versatile and everyone has them around the house.
This is the perfect recipe that uses fresh fruit and has lots and lots of smooth vanilla flavor! These are special enough to make in place of cupcakes. Since they have less sugar than a normal cupcake, they are perfect for breakfast too.
The secret to these cupcakes is to use fresh blueberries that are on the way out. This recipe is actually a perfect use of blueberries once they are past their prime. Using frozen blueberries doesn’t give it the same flavor or texture.
They also include double vanilla – both vanilla bean and vanilla extract. The vanilla gives these Blueberry Muffins a dessert like quality with less sugar than some of the popular recipes. I used a homemade vanilla extract which definitely gave it an extra something. If you don’t have vanilla bean paste, you can always use fresh vanilla beans and just scrape a few pods!
So let’s get to baking these Vanilla Bean Blueberry Muffins!Print
Vanilla Bean Blueberry Muffins Recipe
These muffins have tons of vanilla bean flavor but not too much sugar! Try this perfect breakfast recipe.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
- Yield: 12 Servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter (at room temp.)
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tablespoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Bean Paste
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Milk
- 3 cups Fresh Blueberries (Very Ripe Blueberries are Best!)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Beat together butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and mix thoroughly.
- Beat in the vanilla extract and vanilla bean. Then add the baking soda and salt and continue to mix thoroughly.
- Add small amounts of flour and milk alternating between the two and mixing thoroughly.
- Using just a spoon, gently and carefully, fold in your blueberries and mix thoroughly.
- Add cupcake liners to your cupcake pans and spoon the batter to 1/2 or 3/4 full. Do not fill all the way.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
Keywords: Yummy Blueberry Muffins, Easy Breakfast Recipe, Healthy Snack Recipe, Pop Shop America Recipes
Fun Twists on Vanilla Bean Blueberry Muffins Recipe
Here are extra things you can do with any muffins. If you try these, pick one but don’t try them all at once!
- Add a touch of lemon zest to the batter for a little pop of citrus.
- Before you bake, add a touch of sugar to each muffin to make a crunchy topping.
- Line your muffins with super cute cupcake liners and give them as gifts!
- Try dried cranberries in place of the blueberries for a fall festive treat!